Each year the blogging community ,led by Pim, comes together to raise money to feed the hungry of the UN World Food Programme. Last year it raised $90,000! This year, amidst one of the worst recessions in history, we need to remember that there are folks out there who have literally nothing to eat for days on end. For $10.00 you will have a chance to win a fantastic prize at the same time feed a hungry child.
The prize I am donating is two boxes (24-count each) of assorted macarons from Petites Bouchees! These are Parisian-style macarons filled with luxurious buttercreams and creamy ganache. Some of the flavors will be Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla buttercream, espresso buttercream, passion fruit milk-chocolate and caramel fleur de sel. Sorry, U.S. only. My prize code is : UE04.
There are a lot of other prizes. The host for the East Coast is my blog sister, Jaden of Steamy Kitchen. Check her out (I mean her blog) for more delicious and nifty prizes. Personally, I have my eyes on the sleek New West Knifeworks knife!
Here are the donation instructions:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://chezpim.com
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope5 and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your , please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.