I was not going to post about this but I spent more time on it than I wanted to last night so darn it it deserves a place on this blog ;). Anyway, I was supposed to be making lemon curd from a batch of meyer lemons I got from Whole Foods but I spied my sugar-art tools sitting on the the countertop and before I knew it I started mixing colors to attempt something I've failed on twice before.
The first time I tried this, I didn't think it was going to work and used some scraps of fondant - awful color- and realized it was doable. The second time, I chose the wrong sized cutters and it looked uugly!
I think for this third atttempt it looked pretty decent. It's supposed to be inlaid on top of the cutting cake not just laid on top like I did for this picture. I used my point and shoot camera since my official photographer is at his day job this morning so the perspective is kind of skewed.
Anyway I better get going on that lemon curd or my guests won't be having any tarts for dessert!